“Understanding the Need”
- Facebook works on an algorithm.
- It reduces reach so that we use more paid/promoted content. Ex. Reach is 7.7k as compared to 1.4M followers for few channels.
- For Facebook:
- Use of tabs: Photos, deals, offers and events etc.
- Use of hashtags.
- Respond to online reviews.
- Share customer-generated content. Ex. Pieology Pizzeria
- Ask questions, create polls and invite over events.
- Daily updates based on time zones: Effective time of followers by seeing the graph and analytics report.
- Real interactions via live video. (It creates alerts.)
- Include back-links.
- Use more photo captions.
- Use photo quotes about food. Sarcastic ones are more welcomed.
- Tag, tag, tag..!
- Use social tone, fewer words, short videos and quick tips.
- Include did you know facts!
- Share ‘behind the scenes’ scenes.
- Mention influencers
- Add business’ relevant keywords with a reasonably high density within your Page Information.
- Use FB dedicated video service.
- Use sponsored messenger ads.
- Geo-target location wise. Too many locations reduce proper reach.
- Target audience: Dwell into food lovers, share with other pages of the same type. If there’s high competition for your target market, reaching them will be more expensive.
- Relevance Score: Calculated based on positive and negative feedback which Facebook expects the ad to receive. Ads receive a relevance score between one and 10 and are updated throughout the ad’s duration.
- Holidays: Ads cost more around the holidays and more.
Colour: Reds, oranges, greens, browns – these are colours you don’t see very often on the Facebook newsfeed. Their contrast will grab the eye.
Don’t vary from what Facebook recommends: 1200 x 628 px and with less than 20% of the image covered by text.
A relevant CTA button: Tell people what to do.
Grab the eye with Text: Words like “Free,” “Now,” “Today,” and “Now” grab the eye. So do dollar signs and percentage signs.
- Custom audience and their lookalikes. Modify after a week!
- Website Custom Audiences (WCA)
- Use: Facebook Sweepstakes Contest, referral contest and photo contest (Ask viewers to upload photos/videos of what they have made and share that.)
Finally: Post, repost, re-repost! Updates are important!